A Message From Pastor Paul
As we draw an end to another year, I am praying we finish strong and keep the momentum going into the New Year!
The Lord has given us a great new monthly ministry for reaching our community with a Drive-thru Food Pantry that has been very successful! The church would like to thank Barry for all his hard work in organizing this Outreach, as well as we thank the members for their support in this ministry.
I am very excited about the other two new ministry opportunities being birthed:
- December 10 at 7pm we will begin a new monthly ministry called, House of Prayer North! I believe this could be a catalyst to help us become truly a House of Prayer in 2023.
- Starting in January is Celebrate Recovery! Training begins January 9, 2023. The theme is “To Glorify God.” 1 Corinthians 1:10 Therefore whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the Glory of God.
God is building a Great Church…and He is using you and I to build it in a way that Glorifies God In everything we do.
God has amazing things planned for NGCC in 2023! Happy New Year…and Be Blessed in Jesus.
NGCC Ministry News and Events
Kingdom Kids Children’s Ministry
We are looking forward to the New Year! This January we are going way back to the beginning of the Bible, beginning with Genesis. We want to show our children how the Bible shows us Jesus in every Book. We will also learn the significance of each story we read.
The older students will be learning how to use a more “adult” bible to look up passages. We want to concentrate on memory verses as well as the address for each. We want to challenge students to stretch their faith and lean more and more on God in their daily lives.
We are going to begin a middle school class in the summer of 2023 as some of our students will age out of our children’s class.
This coming year we will look for opportunities to serve our community to demonstrate the love of Jesus. We are looking forward to participating in fun field trips and activities.
This is a great time for volunteers to join in and help out with the children! You could help change and shape a life. We are looking forward to the blessings God has for us in the new year.
Since the high of summer camp, our youth group has dwindled in numbers, but we’ve had some wonderful conversations and have seen the youth taking some significant steps in their involvement in the church.
Several helped with the food pantry, one young man brought his father and came to the men’s breakfast.
They are opening up and sharing about their lives with us, with the knowledge that they could trust us. They ask for prayer for their needs and are more respectful. They’re also growing up.
Since we have just a few older youths, we’ve been concentrating more on our outings and small group settings to encourage them and help them grow. We are taking four students and two chaperones to winter camp. There are three more youths and three more chaperones who now want to attend, but the camp is full, and they have been placed on a waiting list. We’re already making plans for next summer – 2023 camps are filling fast!
We will probably have one more bake sale near the holidays to raise funds for the deposit for next year’s camp.
The ladies will have a Christmas fellowship December 17th at 6pm at the church with a pot luck meal. We will have a gift exchange. Ladies are encouraged to bring a wrapped gift to exchange. Lots of fun to be had!
New plans are coming. REMEMBER: “It is well with our souls.”
As we enter into this blessed Christmas season and the coming new year, let’s re-commit ourselves to pursuing a closer walk of faith with our Heavenly Father. There are opportunities to serve in the mission God has given us at North Glen Community Church. If you are a follower of Jesus, allow the Holy Spirit to lead you into serving where you can be used by God. He only asks for our faithfulness and availability. It is a privilege and a blessing to be a part of this mission as we invest in His Kingdom and help bring others to this same faith that we have.
Stay connected to the Men’s Ministry and encourage a friend or brother who needs to get connected with other men on this journey of faith in Jesus. Updates will be communicated during our church services, emails, posted on our website, the church phone app and the church and men’s ministry Facebook group pages.
Please share your thoughts and ideas for future fellowship and ministry opportunities to me personally or use my email shown below my name.
Psalms 37:5 – Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust Him, and He will help you.
Bridge Builders Ministry
North Glen Community Church is committed to provide various missions support to our community. These are challenging times for our community neighbors. One trip to the gas station and or the grocery store will bear that out. With rising food prices, energy and utility costs, clothing and medical needs; our community needs help in practical everyday ways that will help provide basic needs and stretch their family budget.
NGCC provides several areas of assistance to our community.
1. Our Monthly Food Pantry is now named the Harvest Ministry. North Glen Community Church has formed a partnership with both the Maryland Food Bank and Anne Arundel Food Back to provide high quality foods to our community. The foods include:
- Produce (both vegetables and fruit)
- Nonperishable shelf foods such as canned vegetables and fruits, tuna fish, peanut butter, and a whole lot more.
- Meats-chickens, beef, fish, and holiday themed foods such as hams, turkeys, and the canned foods to make a celebratory meal.
- Bread and pastries
- Diapers and hygiene products (when available).
In addition to providing the actual food, NGCC also provides prayer counseling and Bibles to those who want them.
In our September pantry, we were able to help.
- 160 families
- Over 500 people
- Approximately 35 community friends requesting prayer and,
- Obtain 62 new email addresses from community residents for the church to contact and stay in touch with the residents to promote future events and services.
Check back with me for the dates of our next Harvest Ministry pantry events
2. A second area of providing local mission support is our partnership with North Glen Elementary School Backpack Buddies program. North Glen Community Church collaborates with North Glen Elementary School to identify the children who are most needful of food assistance during the weekends when school meal programs are not available to them.
The school provides the church with the backpacks. The church provides the foods, packages them in the backpacks, and returns the backpacks to the school on a weekly basis.
Each backpack contains:
- Two breakfasts
- Two lunches
- Two dinners
- Four snacks
Additionally, our church assists the school with their events.
3. NGCC is in the initial phase of partnering with the Maryland Food Bank to become a SNAP host to our community friends. North Glen Community Church will be getting the information out to the community about the SNAP program and assist them by arranging a SNAP event at the church for applicants to meet with SNAP team members to assist with the application program.
SNAP benefits can include the following to those who qualify.
- SNAP (formerly known as Food Stamps)
- SNAP Redetermination
- Temporary Cash Assistance
- Medicaid for the Aged, Blind and Disabled
- Medicare Buy-In (QMB and SLMB)
- Energy Assistance (OHEP)
- Water Assistance (LIHWAP)
- Legal Assistance
- Health Insurance
- Disability Benefits
- Financial Literacy
- And many more!